Areas of research activities of Departments
Departments of Faculty of Geological Prospectig have powerful academic traditions and develop research trends of classical scientific schools as well as the latest research trends. There are widespread scientific schools of coal geology (the founder Professor O. Shirokov), ore geology (the founder Professor ². Tanatar), geophysics (the founder Professor K. Tyapk³n), drilling (the founder Professor A. Yepshteyn) etc.
Modern researches of Departments are concentrated in the next areas:
· Geology and Mineral Prospecting– coal and ore geology ;
· Hydrogeology and Engineering geology – geomechanics, ecology;
· Geophysical Methods of Mineral Prospecting – physics of Earth;
· Mineral Prospecting Technology – technology and engineering exploration MPT;
· Geoinformation Systems – spatial analysis and remote sensing, ecology;
· General and Structural Geology – ore geology, gemology;
· Mineral Prospecting Technology – coal geology, mineralogy;
· Higher Mathematics – geomechanics ;
· Chemistry – mineral dressing.