Faculty of Geological Prospecting
Dean of the faculty is Vasiliy Prikhodchenko mining engineer-geologist, Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences, Professor. The training of mining engineers-geologists began in 1918 at the Geological faculty, which was opened at Dnepropetrovsk Mining Institute. Later it was transformed into the Geological and Mine-Surveying Faculty (1935) and then in the Geological Prospecting Faculty (1952).
The faculty consists of 10 departments: